Monday, August 20, 2012

baby blues

I absolutely love a little girl in blue. But I quickly learned when Lucy was a baby (and bald) that if she was wearing blue I'd have to field the "how old is he?" questions. Come to think of it, I got those when she was wearing pink...and butterflies too.
?
Well.
I've hung on to this soft blue peasant blouse from BabyStyle hoping baby Clara could try it out. It's fits her perfectly right now.
And matches all that bias tape I made the other day.
Oooo. Project!
I followed the normal steps for the Simple Skirt (love how little fabric it takes for a baby version). This time around I sewed my hem first. I wanted to make sure everything was straight and horizontal when I sewed the bias tape in place.
Then I took my bias tape and used it like a trim, sewing stripes to my fabric.
NOTE: Single fold tape will make your skirt less bulky. But all I had was double-fold.
And there we go. A cute bias tape Mini to go with the blouse.
I sort of forgot that babies often don't stand straight and keep those knees bent. I should have added more width to the skirt, making it fuller.
So....the skirt is a work-in-progress (I've already started another one).
But it works.
Definitely a girl.
No matter where I put that camera, she finds me.



No comments:

Post a Comment