Thursday, October 4, 2012

hand in hand...plus free ornaments for any season


The timeline of publishing a book is always a bit daunting.
Two years ago I was asked to contribute to a really cool book about blogging moms.  And today I'm finally sharing it with you!  (Not the same as insta-satisfaction from a blog post.  But seeing something printed in book form is pretty awesome).   
The book is called Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids by Jenny Doh.  And....it pretty much had me at the cover.  From the splashes of color, to the embossed dots around the title, to Owen's little face at the top?!....all so cute.  
The book is about moms who blog, why they blog, how they balance family life, and how they inspire creativity in their kids.  I was humbled to be asked to participate (and it was a good excuse to have photos taken with my kids by local photographer Rachael Penman.)
And, I was totally shocked to open the book and find me and Owen sitting there.  It's weird to be in the pictures when so often you're taking them. 
It's a treat to read through the designers' pages, to to see how our creative brains relate to each other.  From one mom to the next we have so much to share and laugh about.

And at the end of each feature, the designer shares a project as well.  How cool is this lampshade and photo? (by Carly of Nest Studio)
There are 20 different Bloggers and projects.  Soule Mama....
The lovely Maya of Maya Made and Kristin of Maine Momma:
And look, there's Merrilee of Mer Mag (who just had a baby this week!).
I love that Owen popped into my photos right at the "boy" pages.
Somewhere in the middle of the book are a few pages about our family....
I'm so happy one of my favorite quotes made it in the book:
" The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.  No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.  We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf
In a few pages I share part of who I am, embracing motherhood, and a list of rainy day crafts.  Then the kids and I made Ornaments for Any Season!
With potato stamps, paint, muslin, and twine we made little ornaments to hang around the house (or on doorknobs) all year long.   More info in the book....
Also in the book, right after me, is....the same yellow sweater.  Haah!
Too funny.
And thank you Target.
Okay. Since I've gabbed on and on about Hand in Hand....would you like to try it out?
Today we're giving away 2 copies of the book, PLUS I'll throw-in some ornaments.  So....

FIVE winners!
Two winners get a book.
Three winners get a few ornaments (small consolation, but handmade goodies are always fun.)
Giveaway Rules:
• Leave a comment, that’s it!
• Only One entry per person.
• Open to anyone!
• FIVE winners will be picked via random.org
• Giveaway ends, Saturday 10/612 at 10pm (Central Time).
Winners will be announced next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment