Monday, May 20, 2013

orange you glad I made houndstooth pants?

I think so.
But maybe I went too far.
Possible?
I kind of love them. 
But Casey said it's a bit like this:
"Let me put it this way....all the mom's at church are gonna say 'awwww' and all the dad's are gonna snicker, 'Casey let's his boy wear that??'"

I see his point.
And yea, they kinda look like pajamas (similar to the Big Stick Pjs I made in February).
And they kind of look like polyester slacks from the 70s.
But, but, but....the boy loves orange!
And on Saturday afternoon I realized that all of his church pants were either too short or had holes in the knees.  So orangey and houndstoothy it was!
I used the Basic Kids Pants tutorial with the flat front, front pockets, and back pockets (click a button for details):


And then I sorrrrrt of made orange piping around the pockets.
I didn't have piping, or piping cord to make my own.  So I thought, what if I cut the pocket lining slightly larger so when I sew the two pieces together and iron, the back layer sticks out a bit underneath to create a pop of color?
In theory it was gonna be awesome.
But it doesn't really work around the curves.  But it still looked kind of cool.  Make it work moment.
And when I was done he had some great-fitting flat front pants.  I love his skinny-bones.
And he loved the pants!
And totally owned it.  That's what style is all about, right?  Owning it and being comfortable in your own threads.
I feel a littel sewing pants since summer has more than arrived in Texas.  But....I'm currently working on a Kid Shorts pattern to sell!  It's top on the agenda!  So he'll get plenty of those as well. 
Boy oh boy, when did he start looking like a man?
A man who loves orange.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment