First Day Dress Pattern - $10
The First Day Dress is a PDF pattern, ranging from sizes 2 to 10 years old.
There are 5 different style options---each can be made with or without sleeves.
But don't let that scare you....sewing a lining is easier than you think.
You’re that good.
Cut it short. Or add on sleeves.
Here are the details....
This is a 46-page PDF document, with detailed information for sewing a First Day Dress or Top.
Instructions are easy to follow, with beautiful photos and illustrations.
Advanced Beginner +
Of course I encourage anyone to push themselves and take on a challenge. So if you’re a true beginner, don’t be scared off. You can always give it a shot! Or...grab a sewing friend to coach you along the way. Sewing is always an adventure.
The First Day Dress comes in 5 styles. Each can be made with or without sleeves:
• A-Line Dress
• A-Line Top
• Swing Dress
• Swing Top
• Swing Dress/Top with Front Placket
• The pattern ranges from 2 to 10 years old
• Sizes are labeled according to age and based on the average size of a child, similar to what you would find in retail stores.
The charts below help you find the proper size and are included in the pattern with details and tips.
FABRIC and MATERIALS
For each Dress/Top you need:
• Outer Fabric
• Lining Fabric
• Back Button
• 6 inches of Elastic Cord
• small amount of Piping (placket option only)
• front buttons (placket option only)
• Quilting cotton, medium-weight cotton, home decor fabrics, broadcloth, linen, lightweight cotton.
(More details and the chart below are included in the pattern).
DOWNLOADING the pattern
• After purchase you are sent a link for downloading the pattern to your computer (this is sent to the email address attached with your paypal account). Please note that the link will expire after a few days! So when you open the download pattern link, make sure you save the pdf file to your computer so you always have it for future use.
• The file size is 3.1 MB
• You do not need to print every page. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size.
• Pages print to standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (for printing outside of the US see below)
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
The pattern was created for standard US printers but should work for other countries as well. There are measuring rulers on the side of each page (in inches) so you can see if you’ve printed to the proper print size. The pattern images do NOT print to edge of the paper…so I recommend printing to your standard size paper, checking the ruler, and matching the pattern pieces up as outlined in the instructions.
Ready to Sew??
First Day Dress Pattern - $10
• Instant payment is through Paypal
• E-check payment through Paypal will delay your pattern download a few days.
• MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER EMAIL ADDRESS ATTACHED TO YOUR PAYPAL
ACCOUNT. This email address is where the info about your purchase and download instructions will be sent.
• You will receive a few emails confirming your payment and providing info about downloading the pdf pattern to your computer.