Thursday, June 19, 2014

the Forest Feast

I think I just found the most beautiful cookbook every cooked.
Although.....I almost feel silly calling it a "cookbook".  It's more like art and cooking combined.

And I don't even remember how I found it.
But it had something to do with Instagram.
I stumbled on the feed @theForestFeast, and I couldn't stop scrolling through the gorgeous photos, and the scenery, and just, the everything!
So I clicked over to the Forest Feast blog and oooooo!  More of the same gorgeous.
I wanted to jump into every photo, and enjoy a feast on Erin's magical deck!

But instead I emailed her to see if I could review a copy of her book because I know you guys will love it.

And here it is! for you to peruse and enjoy.

Each recipe page is a true work of art...from the props and food set-up, to the graphics, to the photos, and most importantly---the watercolor fonts and illustrations.  It's such a clever design. And just beautiful. 
It's one of those books that you want to buy for everyone you know.
I've already purchased two more to give as gifts this summer.
Cause everybody loves pretty food photos....and also pretty house photos.  I love that Erin included pics of the northern California forest and outdoor deck where she lives and entertains.  I think that makes any cookbook or sewing book feel personable and unique.  We love to see where the magic happens.  And for a moment---pretend we can jump into the chalk drawing with Mary Poppins and spend an afternoon in your world.
Want to join me??
Today we're giving away a copy of the Forest Feast cookbook to one lucky person!


GIVEAWAY RULES:
• Leave a comment, that’s it.
• Only one entry per person.
• Open to US residents only.
• ONE winner will be picked via random.org
• Giveaway ends Saturday 6/21/14 at 10pm (Central Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment