Monday, November 17, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving...

So let's share some Fall favorites!
Because November is always one of my favorite months. 
The air is crisp, the colors are changing.
And it's the perfect pause before Christmas to remember what you're thankful for....
Like kids who let you dress them as pilgrims and eat Candy Crunch Yams?  Yep.  I'm thankful for both.
I'm thankful for families, and the experience of being parents.
And I'm thankful for teachable moments---both for my kids and me.  I learn from them daily.  And I get excited about the world of knowledge that's ahead of them!   
I'm thankful for color.
All colors.
And for white.
I'm thankful for fuzzy socks.
I'm thankful for Never Fail Pie Crust.
Seriously it works! Every. Time.
Thank you mom for teaching me that.
And for being a fantastic mom!
I'm thankful for computers.I'm thankful for cars....and air conditioning.
I'm thankful for felt!
What a wonder fabric!

I'm not always thankful for messes (as you know) but I love the result when I'm done.

I'm thankful for the circle of life and how all things work together.
I'm thankful for our home.
I'm thankful for good school teachers for my kids.

I'm thankful for days when I am WARM!  I hate, hate, hate to be cold.
I'd rather be really hungry than really cold....which is hard say when this photo is staring at me....
because I'm very very thankful for Pumpkin!....and corn bread.....and pumpkin french toast.
I'm thankful for a good man and husband, who likes to can beets, and wrestle with the kids, and go on adventures in the backyard.
I'm thankful for this blogging community and that I can connect with another mom, half-way across the world, who speaks a different language than me....yet she has similar interests.  Amazing!  Yep.  Still thankful for computers!  And the internet.  And all that social network jazz.
I'm thankful for a healthy body.
And I'm thankful for sleep.....(though I sorta wish I was a vampire so I could stay up all night working while everyone else slept)

I'm thankful for Cool Whip, because I think it's better on pie than real whipping cream.  Sorry--I grew up in the 80s.
I'm thankful for good movies, and music, and art.
I'm thankful for people who can do things I can't do.
I'm thankful for all the men and women who fight for our country and for freedom.
And.....I'm thankful for YOU!
Thank you for reading along all these years and for your sharing your tips, ideas, and families with me.
You guys keep me going!

And here are a few projects that might keep you going, before the world turns green and red.....
Just click on a button below for the full tutorial or recipe.


And if you're looking for a fun way to do service with your family, here's a fantastic daily service challenge download. It's a great way to Give with Thanks!

And....I'd love to know what you're thankful for!....either big or small.
It's fun to see what makes your life happy.
Happy Monday friends!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment