Friday, August 5, 2016

Boardwalk Blog Party!





My Boardwalk Delight fabric collection with Art Gallery Fabrics has been in stores for two months now!
Which is kind of crazy.  And really fun.
It's such a treat to look in the #boardwalkdelightfabrics hashtag on instagram to see what you guys are making with it.
Find me @made_everyday


And since there's still one more month of summer, I thought it was time to have a party.
A Blog Party!

Last month I shipped fabric off to some of my favorite sewing friends and bloggers.
And throughout the month they're going to share what they've made!
I'll also be sharing some of my own projects, more favorites from the Look Book, and just some info about the design process.


And first up to the party is Anna of Noodlehead.
She and I have been friends for many years and I adore all that she does.  She's a master at details and has amazing patterns. 


So when I (freaked out) about having to put a booth together for Quilt Market, I quickly emailed Anna and asked if she would make one of her famous Poolside Tote bags for the booth, and the Look Book. And she said yes!  And she picked one of my favorite prints --- Soda Straws.

When I started this collection I knew there needed to be some sort of candy stripe print in the mix. But you can't really just do "stripes".  Well, I mean, I could do stripes and be perfectly content.  But to make a designer collection there should probably be some interesting twists and turns.  

So I was inspired by a painted wall I saw on Pinterest, and turned my stripes into this:


At first I called the design Popsicle Run.  Because if you look at the hot pink-orange version it sort of looks like angled popsicles, running away.  And since I can never pick my favorite color combo, there were many options.
I'm still dreaming about the Hot Pink-Orange one.  Maybe I'll throw it into a future collection.
 But as we selected the ten prints, I realized there was not a yellow print in the mix!  There were bits of yellow here and there.  But I knew there had to be a strong yellow design, or it didn't feel like me.


So we went with yellow....which reminded me of the stripes on Soda Straws.
And that became the name.
This print comes in standard quilting cotton and also in Canvas. 

And just like Anna said, it's amazing to watch a fabric transform when you add quilting and topstitching in the mix.  So head to her blog to see more!
PLUS, you need to see the fabric she used inside as well.
I. Freaking. Love. This. Bag.


And then head over to Made By Rae to see her cute ice cream dress!
I'll be talking more about that print next week.

Okay, the party's started!  Have a great weekend!

• For more info about this fabric, click here.
(there are links to shops that carry the fabric, plus a video and other photos).

• Poolside Tote Pattern, by Anna Graham, available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment