Wednesday, September 18, 2013



One of the teachers at Lucy's school is having a baby this week.  So the other teachers are throwing her a baby shower.  And one of them called me this weekend and asked, "can we buy a gift certificate to your site?" 
How sweet is that?  a MADE gift cert?
I wish I offered that!
The truth is, I just don't have time to take custom orders.  But the other truth is that yes, I love to sew....and it's fun to sew for good friends.....especially when it's a gift....and even more-so when this person already told Lucy that she wants her First Day Dress in her own size!  (hopefully she means her own non-pregnant size).

So.
I quickly grabbed my MADE patterns and started scheming.
I thought it would be fun to sew a few items that the baby could wear over a 2-year span, so the handmade love never ends....well for 2 years that is.
 
First I made a Baby Circle Skirt.
And in case you're wondering if I can make it in a fabric other than black and white seersucker?
I think I can.  But it's hard to turn down!
Especially with hot pink elastic and a hand-dyed onesie to go along (photo below).  It's the perfect fast, easy, no-fuss newborn project.   This skirt should last for the first 6 months of her big new life.
For the next year, we have a pair of basic KID Shorts.
I love creating/selling patterns because it's so fun to share with you guys.  But I also love how much easier it makes gift-sewing for me (and you!)  Whatever size I need, it's ready.
Happy 12 months old!
And for her 2nd year of life, I had to sew the current pattern I'm working on....the First Day Dress.
(new dress name in the works)
After my recent pattern grading, I was eager to try out the size 2.  And in this bright viney print (from Joanns)...I just love it!  It's probably weird to talk about loving your own pattern.  But the more I make this dress, the more I smile each time at the result.  It's just a happy little thing.
I included a MADE postcard with washing, drying, and size instructions for each item.
And there you have it.  Four MADE pieces.
Hello little baby!   Welcome to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment