Friday, January 8, 2016

a Merry 2015 Christmas Card from our family to yours

http://www.danamadeit.com/2013/01/cheers-to-a-new-year.htmlhttp://www.danamadeit.com/2013/12/a-merry-2013-christmas-card-from-our-family-to-yours.htmlhttp://www.danamadeit.com/2015/01/a-merry-2014-christmas-card-from-our-family-to-yours.htmlHappy New Year friends!
I hope your holidays were a much needed break from the normal routine---but still packed with parties, gifts, and treats.  I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds in donuts.
Mmmm. Donuts.


My husband is on a personal quest to find the best donut shops in the US.  And since we took an impromptu trip to the South....well....there were more donuts to eat.
But we'll save the South for another post.
Back to Christmas card mayhem.

You know it's funny, for a few years I never did Christmas cards---I'm not really sure why?  I think it felt like such a time commitment.  And it totally is.  But one day I decided that it's kind of like giving a small gift to all our friends.  And I often feel like I should stuff each envelope with little stickers or something extra that our friends can use?  Maybe next year.

So.  After four years of consistency, I guess I can say I'm a Christmas Card person. 

It's really fun to look back and see how our own kids have grown.
And how some things never change.
As you all know too well... it's a hassle to wrangle them in.
There are plenty of motivational speeches (candy bribes),

Encouragement,


Presumed innocence,


And threats.


Doh.

So this year we just want to say: we feel you.
Through the good, and the chaos.
Because you love 'em to death.


and as the song says....

From the Willard family to all of you:
Merry Christmas!
Happy Holidays!
And hooray for a New Year!

Thank you for being part of the adventure with us. 
Here's to a bunch of sewing, and making, and spending time with your families this year.
Cheers!


Check out our Christmas cards from past years by clicking on an image:


No comments:

Post a Comment