Friday, February 3, 2012

38 weeks, and counting

So.
No baby yet.
I saw the doctor on Tuesday and she shook her head, "I can't believe you're still pregnant."
You and me both.
But yes, I'm still very 9 months.
The strange part is I'm already very dilated but not having any contractions.

Too much info?
Sorry I don't mean to give you a play by play. I just remember when other blogging friends have been pregnant--like Katy Dill with her cute Drummer--and I found myself hopping on her blog each day to see if the big moment had arrived. Selfishly I'd be bummed if it was a tutorial post, cause all I wanted was a baby update! Funny how connected we feel to people we've never met in real life. But hey, you guys are my friends! We enjoy the good times and hug away the bad times together (even if it's through the computer screen)
So here I am.
With my bowling ball.
It's getting tight in there.
And definitely not on account of this place.
Okay, it's totally contributing. But totally worth it.

I'm 38 weeks today.
And I really can't complain. Many women go past their due date and then some. My body's feeling good. But is it weird to be walking around at a 4.5?
I swear this baby's gotta pop out of me at any moment.
At least I've had extra time to enjoy last-minute maternity purchases....
* Jersey/spandex shirt from H&M Maternity (it has amazing stretch)
* Maternity Skinny Jeans from Forever 21 Maternity (not too comfortable for everyday wear but great for date nights)
* Pink Snakeskin shoes from (gulp) Walmart. Hard to pass up $5
* Sparkly headband from Forever 21
Not much longer to go!
I've got my finger's crossed for this weekend.
But maybe I'll see you on Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment