Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Eggcited

Our friends gave us fresh eggs from their chickens this week, and I couldn't stop taking pictures of them. They're gorgeous.  They have little freckles!
They're almost too pretty to eat.
I suppose if I had fresh eggs every day I'd be used to the rich brown and pale, pale blue shades.
But since this is my first time having something other than white (Haah!  Such a city girl.  A city girl who's also never thought to actually buy farm fresh eggs from the store, duh)...well, these beauties were the perfect models for 2pm lighting in my house.
Owen loved them too.
And couldn't keep his hands off. 
I went in the other room to get my camera and came back to find two eggs missing, and Owen crouched on the floor, nesting. "I'm getting ready to lay some eggs.  Look!  Orange and blue!" (he insists they are not brown eggs, but orange)
Either way, they're beautifully fun.
And just as cute as our little Easter egg from last year.
I can't believe this was really Clara.  So small and such dark hair.
The only question is...what to make with the pretty fresh eggs?  Probably this or this or maybe this.  Or maybe just a simple scrambled to get the full flavor effect. Or maybe I'll just keep taking pictures of them.

And if your house is like mine with an assortment of the plastic kind laying around..... 


Remember not to throw them out when Easter is over !...so you can do this.
Have a eggcellen shakin day.

No comments:

Post a Comment