Wednesday, May 21, 2014

let's sew together

Do you ever think back to some of the first blogs you started to follow?  And how they inspired you to try new things and push yourself? 
Six years ago I landed on the blog CAKIES and totally fell in love with the world of Rubyellen.  Don't you adore her?!....with her fantastic photography, adorable kids, storytelling, true life honesty, and signature style that's all her own.  It's the perfect balance of vintage meets modern. 

Over the years Ruby and I have become blogging friends.  And guess what?....she's just as genuine and bubbly as she is on her site....and most of all, she's relatable and down-to-earth.  I love that.  She's a creative mom like many of us, juggling 4 kids, sharing her adventure along the way.  And she still inspires me to improve my own photo-skills and to continually see the artistic display, beyond just the sewing project itself.   

So when Ruby asked if I'd share her new sewing book Let's Sew Together, I was totally flattered and couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Oh man.  It's so cute.

Ready for CAKIES in a book??
It's fantastic!
And it's totally and completely jam-packed.
I mean, there must be over 30 projects for you to sew together, as a family. 
How cool is that?  People are always asking for ways to create with their kids.  I know mine would love this....
The book is broken down into 5 different sections: 
• let's get dressed!
• let's eat! (there are even some fun recipes too)
• let's learn
• let's play
• let's celebrate

What a great way to organize it all.
And each section is filled with Cakie-esque projects that'll make you smile---and want to get your hands moving.
I'm totally in love with these necklaces!  Maybe cause they remind me of one of the first projects I loved on  CAKIES--fabric necklaces here and here. These are just so easy and cute!
Oh and I'm also in love with this:
Rubyellen's 4 daughters are adorable. And they all have unique names.  And they all look like darling molds of each other---which means I have a hard time keeping them straight--- but I'm pretty sure that's Glow.  Glow with piggies. 
If you're looking for a really fun book with projects you will actually make, then you need a copy of Let's Sew Together.  There are even No-sew projects!  She thought of everything.
And I've only skimmed the surface here. I mentioned the 30+ projects right?  Which after writing my own book, I now how much work and effort and hours of missed sleep that is. You can tell that Ruby but her heart and Soul into it (heh heh, and her Brave, and True.  They're all in there)
Are you itching for a copy?
Today we're giving away a book to one lucky winner!
Just leave a comment.  
GIVEAWAY RULES:
• Leave a comment, that’s it.
• Only one entry per person.
• Open to US residents only.
• ONE winner will be picked via random.org
• Giveaway ends Friday 5/23/14 at 10pm (Central Time)


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment