Thursday, August 28, 2014

Before and After: Front Porch furniture

Back when we were just thinking about building a home, I knew there needed to be a front porch.
I mean, there's always a front porch.


...but how bout the kind where you can actually have furniture? 
And sit outside with a cold beverage, watching the kids ride bikes and scooters down the street?
Or....maybe a porch is just an excuse to go shopping at the thrift store and not feel guilty about walking out with an entire bench and two chairs?  Let's just be honest.
And when I saw this patio set at my favorite antique store in town, I just couldn't pass it up!
The style was perfect.  Kinda beachy.  Kinda craftsman.  Very simple.
They just needed a little facelift.
My first thought was to paint them orange like the flower vase above, or yellow like the basket below (which I also "had" to buy at the antique store.  Isn't it cute??)
I asked on instagram (find me @danamadeit) for your input and the ideas were all over the board!
"Yellow!"
"Navy Blue!"
"Turquoise, kelly green, black, white, red....."
So I went with the obvious decision,
I called my mom.
And she painted the whole darn thing for me.
Is she the best mom or what??
She and my dad were in town and asked what projects they could work on for me.  So we pulled out the sander, pulled out the brushes, and they finished the whole thing for me! 
Thank you mom and dad!
And thank you Sherwin Williams #7005 Pure White, for always being a fantastic paint choice.
Yep. I went with white.
Actually I really considered Navy Blue or Black.  But against the gray color of the house it just had to be white!
And I love how it turned out.
Now I just need to make some pillows, and get out the bikes, and make some lemonade.
Favorite input?
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment