I can never decide which one I like more: Pot Roast or Beef Stew?
They both make me happy....and my family happy.
And all that good stuff.
Cause they're both full of good stuff!
But this is like really, really easy to make.
And if you're not a meat person....just omit the beef and turn it into vegetable stew. Yum!
So here you go.
I've got dinner planned for you.
CROCKPOT---SLOW-COOKER BEEF STEW
2-3 lbs of beef chuck
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
3 Tbl balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl flour
3 cups water
6 small white potatoes
1 yellow onion
salt + pepper
• In a crockpot (or slow cooker) mix together the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, flour, and water.
• Trim excess fat from the beef and cut it into 1 or 1 1/2 inch cubes. Add to the crockpot.
• Scrub and clean the potatoes and carrots. I prefer to leave the skins on both but you can peel them if desired. Cut them both into bite size pieces---I cut each potato into 4ths. Add them to the crockpot.
• Peel and cut the onion into large chunks and add to the crockpot.
• Mix it all together, place the lid on the pot, and let the slow cooker do it's magic!
Cook on high heat for about 5 hours, or low for 8 hours.
Salt and pepper to desired taste.
And of course, serve with SWEET CORN BREAD. Oh yum.
I'll try not to play favorites here....but maybe stew is just a vehicle for making cornbread (with melty butter and honey).
That might be the answer to life.