Wednesday, April 3, 2013

good men are good to find

This isn't the post I was going to write today.
But I'm just going to talk about my husband for a bit.
Because Casey is the reason I'm able to have a blog and be a mom.
He's always been supportive about what I'm doing and is a great hands-on Dad so I'm able to leave for the weekend to go to Alt or spend evenings and Saturdays at the library working on my book, while he plays Mr. Mom at home.  
I know many of your husbands are the same.  Good men.  Good dads.

And I was thinking about this when I posted pics last night on Instagram (find me @danamadeit) of an amazing 9x12 foot plush West Elm rug I scored at the Pottery Barn Outlet.  It was originally $900 and I got it for $90! for the new house!  YES!   I showed it to Casey and he said, "it looks like the inside of a Tauntaun."
Which, if you are geek enough to agree with then I guess I applaud you because yea, it kind of does.  And it only took both of us and a wheelbarrow to move the dead carcass from my car to the garage. 
I think his face sums it up.
But I'm totally excited about the rug!  The workers warned me about it shedding like crazy.  But for $90 I'll take my chances and vacuum constantly and my friend said that after 6 months hers stopped shedding. Thank you Tauntaun.

And thank you Casey.
And here's the semi-serious point I guess I'm trying to make.
Casey is a good husband and puts up with a lot of my shenanigans.

When I think about the ridiculous times I've said something like, "okay, can you load Owen's bed into your truck so we can go take photos by this blue warehouse across town?....and he just gives me that funny "what?" look (above)  but then shrugs his shoulders and starts loading the truck....well, I just have to smile at how cool he is about all this bloggedy blog blog stuff (as he calls it).  He never judges or asks why the heck I need to go to Joanns one more time,....and has sat in the car how many times? when I say, "I'm just going to run in for some white thread" and 20 minutes later I come out with a bag full of pleather and grommets.  He's an excellent sounding board and helps me work through decisions about which opportunities to say yes to and which to let go of, so I can balance our family life and not be an insane stressed out person.  He even takes photos of me when I need to be in the shot, and patiently listens while I explain the angle I'm going for.  He's just really great like that....mostly because that's who he is and also because he sees how much I love what I'm able to do and wants me to have that creative outlet.   And, he's always up for an adventure.  Always.
That's actually one of my favorite things about him.  He always wants to "do stuff".   He loves to travel the world and explore new places, try new things.   He's a super fun dad and wrestles with the kids while I feel like pulling my hair out.  Every kid loves Casey.
He's a busy man, works hard, teaches a seminary class to the youth kids at our church every morning at 6am and then goes off to work.  He loves University of Arizona basketball more than life, and rootbeer....but when it comes to rootbeer he's on a quest to try every local variety we can find.  He's a statistician and loves numbers and equations.  When I hear him talk to coworkers on the phone I know he's speaking a foreign language my brain will never understand (which is why I got a C in my college stats class).  He's funny, cute, dorky (but good dorky), and apparently he likes to wear his red shirt. 
I'm a lucky girl.

I know it's not Father's Day but it just seemed like a good day to point out the great men in our lives.
Thank you to the other dads and husbands out there who are loving their ladies too.

Okay, over and out.
Next post, sewing and DIY.
Thanks for letting me get mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment