Monday, April 2, 2012

my other baby is OUT

Look what showed up at my house recently:
Another baby that took me 9 months (okay a year) to make:
It's my new book!
It's out and available in stores and online!
I wished Casey had been home when they got here so we could recreate the last scene of Back to Future when George McFly's book arrives.
Yea we're dorks.
And yea Back to the Future might be one of the greatest films of all time. The script is virtually flawless.

But let's talk fabric.

The book is called Fabrics A to Z .
--sold as The Fabric Selector in the UK--
I've blogged about the nitty gritty before. But here are more peeks and info.
The book is all about FABRIC---every kind, every fiber, every blend.
If you enjoy posts like this and this here on MADE, then you're going to enjoy the book, cause that's what's inside.

It covers 150 different types you'll come across as a modern-day sewer. It outlines each fabric, its properties, what it's used for, handy tips, sewing recommendations, stitch length, presser feet, etc, etc.
Fabrics A to Z is not a project-based book. But rather, a fabulous resource guide that every sewer to have on-hand. Of course I'm biased about it's fabulousness. But honestly, I learned a ton researching and writing it and I hope you'll learn the same by reading and referencing it.


And guess what....it's small enough to fit in your purse!
Just tote it along to the fabric store with you.
Isn't that snazzy?
And if you want to know my favorite part of the book....
It might have to be this.
A four-page detailed spread in the back of the book, all about sewing needles:

I know.
Silly pleasures.
But I vividly remember spending an entire Saturday researching and writing about needles, trying to get all of the info just right, since it was actually difficult to find much online about it. Do you know what the "H" on the needle package stands for?
Come find out!
• If you don't have the book yet, go grab it (or ask for it for Easter? Mother's Day? Your birthday?)
• If you do have the book and would like to leave a customer review on Amazon, I would love that. You can do it here (scroll down to bottom section).
As always, thanks you for stopping by!
You guys are the reason I keep doing what I do.
So thanks for motivating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment