Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Shirts

When it comes to kids clothes, I'm kind of a "one or the other" sewer.  Either I sew a shirt and buy the shorts...or sew a skirt and buy the shirt....or buy a onesie and paint on top.  Okay that's not sewing.  But you know what I mean...it's nice to maximize creative time by purchasing some things and throwing one handmade item in the mix (similar to our discussion here)

So I pulled thrifted T-shirts from my stash on Saturday and made Owen new summer shirts.
I used the 90 minute shirt tutorial and created my own pattern. 


But since I haven't used that pattern in over a year it needed some tweaking.  
 It worked!
 Actually, the neck on the first shirt was a little wide (but I sort of like the boat neck).
So I redrew the pattern neckline and shoulders to make it smaller.  Little improvements.
I wonder if he's too old for an envelope Tee.  Maybe it's too little boy for him?  I mean, look how much he's grown in the last 2 1/2 years!
 I guess if he still likes riding this itty bitty bike though, the 90 minute shirt works.  
Owen does have a real bike in the garage but he really loves this thing!   He can zoom around so fast.
So there you go. 

$5 shorts from Target.
$2 shirts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment