Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of School Skirt

As long as Lucy will let me, I see a future of homemade First Day of School Skirts (check out Kindergarten here). And by the time she hits Jr. High I hope we've moved on from the elastic waistband. For First Grade though....the Simple Skirt will do.
It was a crazy weekend (Lucy in the ER with stitches on her chin and Dad was out of town) so I almost didn't get one together. But last night we pulled it off. Lucy picked a fabulous 80s floral from my fabric closet and I got sewing.
She insisted on wearing my Forever 21 headband. I've never seen a bow that big on her head but it looked real cute. And for shoes....um.....we pulled out the same ones from last year. Haah. We actually bought a new pair of tennies for the year but her feet aren't growing fast enough. Way to reduce, reuse, recycle?
Lucy loved it all.
And, she was off in a blur.
With her oversized backpack and little sidekick.
What oh what is he going to do without her?
I love that our school is just one block away. Such a great morning outing.

And just like that, she was sitting in her desk working on art projects.
Happy First day to all you new school kids!
See you at 3pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment