Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Celebrate BABY---the knitted chevron blanket

Remember that knitted blanket I started forever ago?
2 weeks before Clara was born, I finished it!
...and fell in love with knitting all over again.
The funny thing is, I could have knitted the whole thing in couple weeks (rather than 4 months). It's a pretty small blanket. But a knitting project feels like a good book. You love it so much you don't want it to end.....so you knit real fast and then procrastinate the last 10 rows.
Are you that way too?

It's good that I took my sweet time with it though because it made me more excited for this little girl to come.
Plus, what else can you do at night when you're 9 months pregnant? Sit on the couch and keep your needles clanking.

The quick background....
I used the Chevron Baby Blanket pattern from the purl bee, where everything she does is lovely. I want to live inside her blog.
And I love the yarn colors she chose. But I went with girly pinks and purples instead.
and I got busy. and busy.
The blanket went with me on the plane a couple times, to the park, the doctor's office, and yes the couch. I got real good at counting stitches and unraveling messed up rows. It's not that the pattern is hard. It's actually quite easy (and I'm a total novice---this was my 2nd knitting project). But it's the kind of project that you can not do while talking. It requires you to count every 10 stitches. So it's best to knit with a movie on in the background.

And if you're a fast knitter you could easily have it done a week tops.
Then grab your camera and admire the two sweet things you made....
Yay for blankets and babies with similar gestation periods!
And a huge thank you to my friend Katherine for helping me read the pattern and get started. She's my go-to knitting expert. And when she's not sure about something, we call her mom. It's good to have a support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment