Tuesday, March 27, 2012

houses or hunks?

Just went to the doctor for my 6 week postpartum checkup.
All is well and normal.
But I just have to laugh everytime I'm at her office and see these photos on the ceiling:
I sort of get it when you're at the dentist and would like something to stare at for 30 minutes, while laying on your back listening to the hygienist ask questions you can't answer. Especially when I was kid...I loved looking at puppy dogs and pictures of Big Bird.
Now?
Hunks and kitty cats.
Eh.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a little George Clooney or Brad Pitt eye candy (why else have I seen A River Runs Through It 10 times?)
But seriously.
I was thinking.
In an office where most of the clientelle are 20-40 year old women, what would we really want to stare at for a while?
What would easily distract from the task at hand?
It was simple!

this, this, and this:
or maybe this, this, and this....
Home decor, design ideas, creative inspiration, anything from a pinterest HOME board. Torn out pics from Elle Decor, Real Simple, Country Living?

Better yet. How about taping the Target ad up there?!
....since that's exactly where I went after the appointment....and could NOT say no to these gorgeous serving trays:
I usually don't buy dishes full price since I know they'll be on Clearance a month later.
But I have a feeling these will go fast.
Love, love, love.
In fact, I had the hardest time NOT buying the entire set of plates and cups that go along, and the entire set of turquoise ombre dishes as well. They are SO yummy.
See I'm already distracted.
What were we talking about?
Oh yea.
I had a baby 6 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment