Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sewing with Spoonflower knits and my books for free

You know how we're always complaining about how hard it is to find cute knit fabrics?
I just discovered something amazing last month: Spoonflower sells knits!  Beautiful, soft, organic, interlock knits! In any print imaginable! 
I quickly placed 30 prints in my "favorites"....
Now I won't lie, they're pricey.  But they really are gorgeous (some of the softest knits I've ever felt).  And the options are absolutely endless!  If you've never been to Spoonflower, here's the quick rundown.   It's a site where you can create your own fabric design OR simply browse the bazillion cool prints that others have designed, and then purchase as little as one yard of fabric....or even just a fat quarter.  Isn't that cool? I'm sort of hooked on this designer.

So, to enjoy such knit yumminess, I've teamed up with Spoonflower for a 2-post project.  Today I'm sharing all about knits on the Spoonflower blog.
(Otter Pop Dots SwimsuitThe 90 Minute Shirt Tutorial)

I pulled info from the Knits section of my new book Fabrics A to Z, to talk about what knits are, the most common types you'll come across, and some Do's and Don'ts for sewing with knits.
So head over to check it out!
(Little Yellow swimsuitRuffle Blanket Tutorial)

And while you're there....enter the giveaway to win one of my books!
(Goodnight Moon Jammies)

We're giving away 3 copies of Fabrics A to Z, which outlines over 150 different types of fabric, their uses, properties, what to do with them, how to wash them, etc. etc.
Next week the Spoonflower fun continues when I share a new tutorial based on their lovely knit fabrics. 
But until then....best of luck winning a book

No comments:

Post a Comment