Friday, October 12, 2012

Triple whammy photo post: newborn pics, my photo tips, and 5 free books!,

Happy Friday!  I've got three fun things to share....
 
Remember when Clara was a tiny baby? Before the legs rolls?
I kind of can't believe this was her just 7 months ago.   And I can't believe I'm finally sharing these photos with you!  The "official" newborn pics, taken by Katie Evans of Key to Pictures.
We've been blessed to meet many wonderful people here in Texas, and Katie is one of my favorites.  She and I can sit for hours talking photography, blogging, and sharing ideas.  It's important to have creative friends like that.   And when Clara was born in February she offered to take photos for me, which was helpful in my postpartum state.   First she stopped by the hospital. 
Btw, she has great blog post with 5 tips for taking beautiful newborn pics at the hospital HERE.
Then she came to our home and took more sleepy bundle photos. 
Oh that baby bum and tiny feet (with a small prick on the heel).
Of course I had to snap photos of her taking photos.  Because it's fun to see what she's seeing....and then to see the "after" pics.
Make it work! (with a simple white sheet and natural lighting)
....and with two silly boys in the other room.  Owen and Lyndon were good sports, working on Star Wars puzzles while we snapped away.
Thank you Katie for the beautiful photos!  I love having that small window of time captured forever.

And speaking of capturing life....today I'm sharing my own Tips for Taking Family Photos with Personality on Katie's photo site HERE.  This is part of her annual Photoberfest contest.  Check out the details HERE!
I'm sharing ideas for taking photos that capture your everyday life, but are good enough to hang on your walls.  Come on over.
And lastly....
I couldn't mention Katie Evans without talking about her fabulous photography books.  When a friend asks me basics photo questions like, How do I take better pictures?  How do I use manual settings?  I always refer them to The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer (which is currently on sale!).  And now Katie's written a follow-up book called The Key to Natural Posing.  
This is such a helpful and wonderful idea for a book.  If you've taken photos of other people before, you know how hard it is to get them to "do stuff" or look "natural" or just "be themselves".   This book talks about it all.  In fact, just click on this photo below to enlarge and read the intro.  
The book has a chapter for each type of photo subject from newborns, to couples, to senior photos.   All those fabulous pictures she took above?  She'll tell you exactly how to capture those in the newborn chapter.
It is fabulous.
You will love it.

Want to try it out?
Today we're giving away FIVE free copies!
YIPEE!!

Giveaway Rules:
• Leave a comment, that’s it!
• Only One entry per person.
• Open to anyone!
• FIVE winners will be picked via random.org
• Giveaway ends, Sunday 10/14/12 at 10pm (Central Time).
Winners will be announced next week.

Okay, have a great weekend!
And I'll see some of you tonight in Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment