Monday, October 22, 2012

Sewing with spoonflower organic knits - Tutorial and FREE pattern

Time for the second installment of my Spoonflower posts (first post here).
Ready for a project?  And free pattern to go along?  Great!

I came up with something that only uses a fat quarter of fabric (since the organic knits are quite pricey).  It's cozy cute on baby. 
 And the options are always endless.
Get the details and downloadable pattern on the Spoonflower blog!

And just a few more things to note....
• Some readers have mentioned that while the cotton woven fabrics on Spoonflower wash wonderfully, the knits tend to fade (especially with dark prints).  I haven't washed mine yet so I can't vouch for it.   But I have read this from a few users.  Some say that it doesn't bother them and that it only adds to the fabric's character.  And most users recommend hand-washing your items.

• The full tutorial and pattern will be posted here on MADE later this week.

• Don't forget to enter the Fabrics A to Z book giveaway HERE (ends Tuesday night).

• Check out a little something I contributed to the Small Fry blog (my new favorite kids' lifestyle blog.  It's so cute!)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment